Orange County/Los Angeles Moms Blog Party Recap
Last Sunday, February 21, at the Ritz Carlton, Laguna Nigel, the Los Angeles Moms Blog and soon-to-launch Orange County Moms Blog writers enjoyed a fantastic spring event hosted by the SV Moms Group and BitDefender alongside 20 or so additional fantastic sponsors. We extend a very special thank you to our co-host sponsor, BitDefender, and to our Platinum sponsors, Stride Rite and the Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel. And thank you to Whole Foods, who provided our bags and our yummy dessert table!
The event provided an opportunity for some of our blog sponsors to meet and to network with our talented group of influential writers. Prior to mixing and mingling, bloggers and brands joined together for two hours of roundtable sessions for some open and honest conversations. The first session, led by Kimberly Clayton Blaine of The Go-To Mom, discussed the trends of Video Blogging (vblogging). Kimberly focused the discussion around the opportunity to enhance written content with the use of video; we learned that nothing humanizes a site more than video. The marketing and PR professionals chimed in: they generally agree that video is an exciting engagement medium.that brings to light senses of sight and sound in a way that creates an emotional connection between blogger and audience.
Ciaran Blumenfeld of Momfluential and Jill Asher of Silicon Valley Moms Group led the second session. We discussed how brands and bloggers can work together. Ciaran began the session stating that "brands and bloggers are like a thirteen year old boy and a thirteen year old girl 'in the closet.' Both want to be there, but both have NO CLUE what to do with each other!" (As you can imagine, this got quite a chuckle!). Bloggers shared their experiences with doing product reviews (for free) and with being "Brand Ambassadors" and "Brand Enthusiasts." They shared their desire to "get paid" for their time and work with different brands. Many brand, marketing and PR professionals shared their successes, failures and fears in working with bloggers. The conversation could have gone on for hours...
As we transitioned to the party, one sponsor, Taga, used our event as the United States launch of their product, a stroller/bike combo that many a mom instantly loved! Like Taga, many event sponsors offered our readers coupon codes that are ongoing; click here for the SV Moms Group 2010 Coupon & Product Guide to take advantage of some terrific offers.
These events will continue around the nation, with upcoming parties in Chicago on April 11th, New York on May 16th, and Washington, DC on June 6th. If you are interested in becoming an SV Moms Group sponsor, here's our sponsorship information. Writers, stay tuned for your invites to these events; and readers, stay tuned for information on the Twitter parties that accompany all of these events with special giveaways just for you!
(photo of sponsor guide by Carla Duharte-Razura of babyjidesign)
Below is an overview of our February event sponsors; for more detailed information as well as information on sponsors for future events, please reference our 2010 sponsor guide.
* BitDefender offers user-friendly, personalizable anti-malware software
* Stride Rite has helped children develop as healthy walkers for over 90 years.
* The Ritz Carlton Laguna Nigel has catered to the world's most discriminating guests for over 25 years.
* Ebates.com is a community of savvy shoppers earning incentives from over 1200 merchants.
* iGo is a leading provider of power management solutions.
* Dole fruit bowls and healthy snacking go hand-in-hand.
* Stonyfield Farm is the world's leading organic yogurt company.
* Skechers Shape-ups promise to improve your life by changing the way you walk.
* Ju-Ju Be is the home of smart bags for smart people.
* Bosch home appliances is known world-wide for setting the industry standard in efficiency and quietness.
* Pretend City Children's Museum is the first educational facility of its kind in Orange County.
* Taga is part-stroller, part-bicycle, and makes getting around with your baby a whole new adventure.
* Whrrl is a mobile and web location-based social discovery system.
* Whole Foods market, founded in 1980, was America's first national-certified organic grocer.
* Cinnabon is celebrating 25 years in business by introducing four delicious cupcake flavors.
* litl webbooks blend web content and interactivity with TV-like viewing of digital content.
* PopCap games is the leading multi-platform provider of easy-to-learn, fun, captivating video games.
* Babies is a new, visually-stunning movie that follows four babies around the world.
* BusyBodyBooks weekly grid system set the trend in family management.
* Joseph's Rugs is a leading source in the SoCal rug industry, offering top-notch customer service.
* PosePrints is an online stationary shop featuring personalized caricatures.
* erbaorganics skin care lines for mommy and baby are made with the finest natural ingredients.
* edenfantasys offers discreet shopping, a welcoming community and a wealth of sexual health resources.
We'd also like to thank the writers who participated. Here are links to some of their recaps of their party experience:
- Jennifer from TINY ORANGES: SV Moms Group Event
- Donna from SoCal Mom: Blogging, Marketing and Getting Out Of The House and SVMOMSBITMOMS Quick Look: Stuff for Babies and Little Kids
- Debbie from PEACE, LOVE and MOMMINESS: (vblog) My New Eco Love
- Lolita from ECO GLOSS: Gloss Find: iGo Green Charge Anywhere
- Tina from SEND CHOCOLATE NOW: How NOT To Make A First Impression At The Ritz
- Liz from THOUGHTS OF A MOMMY: SV MOMS BIT MOMS
- Erin from POPROCKS AND GOBLINS: Ritzy Time With SV MOM BLOGGERS and Delectable "Mini" Things At SV MOMS/BIT MOMS and Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
- April from IT'S ALL ABOUT BALANCE: The SVMOMS GROUP EVENT and The SVMOMS BLOG EVENT PRODUCTS (part one)
- Linsey from ME TOO YOU: A weekend at the Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
- Becky from HAPPY HOUR MOM: TEN THINGS I LEARNED AT THE SV MOMS GROUP EVENT
- Elizabeth from TRADED MY BMW FOR A MINIVAN: Los Angeles Moms Blog Party
- Liz from LOS ANGELISTA'S GUIDE TO THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS: Neato New Stuff I'm In Like With: Sketcher's Shape-Ups
- Eunice from RANDOM WALK DOWN MOMMY STREET: Los Angeles Moms Blog Conference Recap
- OC MOM'S ACTIVITY GUIDE: Event For Silicon Valley Moms Blog SoCal Style
- Laura from LA STORY: A Mom Blog Event As Big As The Ritz
- Marcy from THE GLAMOROUS LIFE: It's Like I'm A Crack Addict For Humiliation
- Tracy from HOLLYWOOD MOM BLOG: Hollywood Mom Revisits the OC in Style with 50 Moms Blogging Buddies
- Kara from ELI'S LIDS: Wish It Was A Taga Ride
- Jennifer Klein: OC Moms Blog party recap
- Liz Philips: Four Perspectives on SVMoms Bit Moms Blogging Party
- Marsha from VIEWS FROM THE PANTS: These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things
- Caryn Bailey from Rockin’ Mama shared her thoughts on: Fabulously Fit: Shape-ups by Skechers
iGo Green and Taga
- Beth from TechMamas: LA Moms Blog/Orange County Moms Blog Party
- More recap and review posts to come! Follow the attendees and the sponsors via twitter on this twitter list#svmomsbitmoms and using the twitter hashtag