« If I Had A Million Dollars... | Main | Terrorist plot foiled thanks to Reagan National Airport Security »

September 03, 2007

Weekends in the Swamp

BethWe stayed in town for Labor Day weekend.  I know, I know, we are so gauche!  We should have been at the beach like 85% of this town's population, but we spent most of the weekend at the hardware store instead (with the remaining 15% of the population).  But hey, there are things to do in town that don't involve diapers full of sand or five pounds of Thrasher's-assisted weight gain.  Why, just in my little neck of suburbia there's a farm, a zoo (a real one even, not just the pet store where I take Mia and tell her it's a zoo), a lake with ducks, a carousel, and a train, and pulling weeds in my backyard.  Ok, so that last one isn't much of an outing, but I'm trying hard to convince Mia that it's fun.  She enjoyed it too, at least until she tried to uproot the rose bush.

For those who are braver, and perhaps temporarily child-free, the Post had some other great suggestions for off-the-beaten-Mall destinations in the D.C. area.  Check it out, you may even decide to spend the next long weekend in town.  In which case, you wanna come over and help me weed?

Beth whines a lot at so the fish said... and Diary of a Playgroup Dropout.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d83451bae269e200e54eeb5dc28834

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Weekends in the Swamp :

» Mia Monday #86: Cousins Edition from so the fish said
We asked the two year old to hold the three month old. We got about what we expected. Also, I've started blogging at a new joint, but only twice a month, so don't worry that I'll be nagging you all... [Read More]

Comments

Archive - DC Metro Moms

Lijit Search

Receive the SV Moms Group Newsletter
Email:
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Our Sister Sites

Deep South Moms
Los Angeles Moms
NJ Moms

Media & Press - DC Metro Moms